Sunday, February 26, 2012

Muffin Tins

I have a new favorite kitchen helper. It is known as the extra-large muffin tin.

A few weeks ago, I used it to make muffins for quick breakfasts.
This week, I steamed up some vegetables and froze them in serving sizes. Frozen Dinner expense halved, and other than the baggie, more environmentally friendly. Plus, I can add my own seasonings to my veggies. (Below is steamed zucchini, yellow squash, onions, carrots, with a sliver of butter and a generous dousing with parsley.)

After freezing my veggies, I re-used the tins to make my entree.
Great serving sizes, my own flavors, and smaller budget? Big Pluses.
I'm excited for lunch tomorrow.

What do you use your tins for?

1 comment:

  1. Genius! We like to use our muffin tins (regular size - I need to get me some large ones!) to sort pom-pom balls or small toys with little tongs or spoons. The kids love this activity. I have used ice cube trays to freeze chopped cilantro to throw into a soup or sauce or dip. It works pretty well. It's fun to come up with new ways to save money and make life easier, too!

    ReplyDelete