Thursday, January 7, 2010

Briefly, a Pelican



I've been searching for the last hour, and this is the closest picture to the bird that I saw in my neighborhood this morning. I was just driving through a little part of the neighborhood where a creek runs under the road, when a large, gray bird swooped across the road and landed in the marsh-like stream.

I don't live in an area that is extremely rural. I think it must be hard for---whatever water bird I found-- for it to have to find food in Leesburg.

Poor guy. I hope he finds a frog or two.

2 comments:

  1. My guess is that you saw a great blue heron. They're a pretty amazing sight.

    http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Great_Blue_Heron/lifehistory

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you might know better than I.... the pictures I found on Great Blue Herons just looked SO blue.

    I'll check this out, though!

    ReplyDelete