Friday, May 4, 2012

Sleeping on Sunshine

I came home from work after a really stressful day yesterday. On my way home, I wandered around Target for about an hour just to decompress. As I went through the bedding aisle, thinking to get a new pillowcase, I saw that it was time for me to make the bed I have in the basement into a real bed. It's a King, and I've been working with some 1990s striped sheets, a queen comforter that I remember since childhood, and my twin quilt from college to make up the difference. My pillowcases ranged from a nice green one I grabbed from someone else's sheet set, two that I had in college, and that flower one from ten years ago. All great bedding, to be sure, but as you can tell, this bed has been a collage of unassociated decor for far too long. As a treat, I decided:


Get a set of nice, high-thread count, Green Sheets 


Buy a Duvet
Buy a new Pillow




My room light is very yellowy (making my bedspread look orange on the phone camera) so I used a filter. It looks way better in person, and I had one of the best sleeps I have had in two weeks.
High-thread count = luxury.

1 comment:

  1. Hurray for "sleeping on sunshine" - you deserve a queenly sleep! I love the colors you chose - enjoy your new bed!

    ReplyDelete