Thursday, June 28, 2012

June in Review

Heather, R and M: Family Barbecue 


My best friend from college, Carrie, came to visit! We started our visit in NYC: This is outside of Juliard, as we made our way to the Temple.

 Me and Rexy at the Natural History Museum

The absolute highlight of the trip; NEWSIES!
 Successfully negotiating the Subway
While we went to NYC, we got to stay for three days with Jenny and Nathan; their first visitors to have slept over at their new apartment. It was incredibly fun to be with those kiddos!


At the end of this month, I am turning over a new leaf and de-cluttering my possessions. I decided to get rid of the trophies and instead photograph them. Here is the award I got for my nomination as Substitute of the Year. It's a lovely picture, right?





And in case you didn't see my Facebook page, here's a video of what you miss if you don't make it to NY before the end of August: 


5 comments:

  1. Cool! :) Don't get rid of the trophies!!! You will regret it in future years, take it from the girl who threw away her teddy bear at 13 and cried about it. Yeah, it still smarts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twinkle is safe and sound.... but the plastic dust collectors can go, methinks.
      ;)

      Delete
  2. Wow! What a wonderful month! I am so glad you got to see Newsies! Watching this trailer gave me adrenaline goosebumps - "Newsies" and the music and the acting are each so good! I am not surprised that you got the "best substitute" award! I am so proud of you! I hope July is just as fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha well if it's plastic, I totes understand.

    ReplyDelete