Tuesday, March 24, 2009

If I could choose my firsts:

then I might've made my first kiss a little less awkward (oh, stage kisses.....)

And, I would have chosen that, after having a stubborn cold for the last four days, my first complete scent would have been something other than my own feet coming out of shoes after a long day of teaching.

I'm wishing more along the lines of... fresh bread. Apple pie. Clean laundry.

I know, I know...beggars can't be choosers. I am happy that I can smell again... it just makes me slightly nervous about what I haven't smelled about my person while I've had this cold.

Apologies.

2 comments:

  1. I got allergies about two years ago and I really don't think I've genuinely smelled anything since then. I can't wait for that day when I can smell (and sing for that matter) again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried Neti-potting? Sounds like pure craziness but it works like a charm. Glad you're recovering.

    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=7108546

    ReplyDelete