Saturday, February 14, 2009

Red Appreciation Day

Last night, I had my friends come over and us four girls made some very delicious sugar-cookies. Over the pink frosting and sprinkles, my friend Marcie declared February 14th "Red Appreciation Day." In honor of her declaration, today I wore ye old women's chorus t-shirt (a lovely, apple red) and did some things to appreciate the place in which I live.

For instance; I thought I would appreciate the snow both outside and inside today. I chipped away some of the ice that was taking over our freezer so that I could organize things a little better (I dumped a half bucket of ice shavings into the already white parking lot). It sure feels good to have found those frozen blueberries I didn't know I had. Looks like blueberry scones will be on the menu some time next week. Yum...)

I also did dishes, delivered Valentines to Melinda and Michelle, went to the Library, and cleaned my room.

Now, here I am...it's about 7pm, and while I feel that it's been productive, now I am starting to feel pretty bored. I've played about five rounds of tetris, eaten dinner, and am trying to decide between grading homework and maybe watching a movie I got at the library. Already today, while cleaning the kitchen, I watched an A&E documentary on Barack Obama. It was pretty good.

Well, there's not much to do. Normally, I wouldn't just be sitting around, but my usual partners in fun are either at work or with boyfriends.

Thus--blog post. And I think the movie might win out. After that, I am looking forward to a most delicious early bedtime.

Gotta love snowy, saturday, february nights. Hope yours was equally as "chill."

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you honored Red Appreciation Day too:) And now we can be blog friends. You are so awesome Celeste!

    ReplyDelete