Thursday, February 21, 2013

Dreaming and Teaching Sometimes Mix

And sometimes they do not.

Point and case.... there I go again. I just learned that what you are supposed to say is Case and Point. I guess that nulls the impressive example I was just about to give.

So...impressive example: I would LOVE to own several varieties of this shelf paper. Until I can afford beauty at $25 a roll, however, this stays on the "in my perfect classroom...." list. Also on that list is a room with spacious dimensions, laptops for every student, shelves with organizer compartments, cute sewing projects I keep seeing on pinterest that I have no idea how to make time to make, every math game you can think of.... you know. That dreamy classroom.

So, until that day, I content myself with googling and goggling at pictures like this:

I would put the distressed vines on.... I love the look of those fall leaves. Wouldn't that be cool on.... 

Not to mention what's on page three of the Chic Shelf Paper List. 
Sweet. And by that I mean sticky. 
It is shelf paper, after all.

3 comments:

  1. I hope your dreams come true someday - Celeste! You deserve it, according to me. I love your taste by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your phrase: "googling and goggling." I think dreaming and life in general sometimes don't mix. I am not teaching currently and still find myself having to constantly shelve ideas and dreams of things I want to do for people, my house, my family...because of realities like time and money. :) But dreaming is still fun and little by little, some dreams do come true...

    Also, I always thought it was "case in point," meaning "here's an example/case." But now, I'm not sure. Something else to add to my list of things to google research...:)


    P.S. This is Sarah Wanlass Gotfredson, by the way. I just saw you had recently updated from Jenny's blog and thought I'd see what you were up to. Hope that's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, that is more than okay. I feel so honored that you would read this old blog, anyway! I hope that you and your family are doing well!

    ReplyDelete