Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Two perks for Wednesday's hump.




Today, I got to work again at Hancock Fabrics, my part-time job in town. I enjoy working there because the people are nice and the store is full of color, crafts, and even beads.






The other huge plus for today?

I went in a grocery store where my old Spanish teacher, Señor Wright, still works as a grocer. He was at the check-out line talking with an assistant manager in Spanish. I greeted him en español, and then the store manager turned to me. He looked at me with surprise. It was the same look I got on the mission which I loved; "you speak my language? A gringa?" We talked for a little bit, and then he asked me where I learned my Spanish. I said that I learned it thanks to Señor Wright, and especially because I served as a missionary in Colorado.

Then he said the best thing I have been told; "How is it that you speak with a Mexican accent?"
For Real? I speak well enough to have a localized accent? Yes!

Viva Mexico!


1 comment: