Saturday, December 5, 2009

It's Christmastime!


This is perhaps my favorite month in the entire year. Especially when, as is today's case, some white precipitation covers the ground. Leaves who have lost their trees become closet hangers for a snowy wardrobe. I LOVE snow.

I also love December. The talks in church focus on the Savior, people are more open to serving others, and even to accepting service themselves. People start to think about helping others. I am reminded of how much I appreciate my Savior and Redeemer.

Christmas music (ever the listening tradition on my birthday) can be played 24/7, people in stores can wish you not just a good day but a happy season as well, Marie helps us make and hand-dip chocolates, I get to learn how to play the Nutcracker music for an orchestra concert, the woodstove is stocked and burning fragrant hardwood logs, and we make some delicious food.

I can't believe it is only days until Christmas! But that means it's only 19 days until Chimichangas.

It IS the most wonderful time of the year.

3 comments:

  1. Leaves who have lost their trees or trees who have lost their leaves...sad for the leaves, but your right, it does make for a pretty winter scene. I can't wait to sit by the wood stove and Christmas tree and sip warm apple cider while talking with the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edit: "you're" instead of "your" - it was bothering me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Christmas is coming, the goose is getting...homesick!"

    ReplyDelete