Monday, October 5, 2009

I had a good weekend

October is always a cause for celebration; family birthdays to commemorate, holidays, and most especially the LDS General Conference which starts the month off in the most positive, influential way I can think of.

Before watching the broadcast of four sessions of Conference, however, I watched part of another presentation that also moved me. Friday was Ghandi's birthday, and while the rest of the family was off at Dad's company picnic --I was too old to attend, apparently ;-)-- I took the opportunity to watch the first half of the film based on this man's powerful life and example.

Then the family came home and we went from serious to silly in watching Disney's "Summer Magic."



It was decidedly less profound, but I did enjoy watching "The Ugly Bug Ball" in context.


The highlight of the media-ridden weekend, however, was really General Conference.

It was wonderful to spend time with my family listening to men who serve the Lord and lead His church. This conference, I don't know if I have a favorite talk, but I can certainly say that my favorite theme was the powerful influence of Love. I am more determined to serve, to show love, and to make my heart increasingly pure.

No comments:

Post a Comment