Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring Break Begins

After an amazing conference weekend, and before Easter Sunday rolls along, I have something completely wonderful: Spring Break.

I haven't had a Spring Break since high school, and let me tell you--with the first day almost over, I am beginning to see what I've been missing. Granted, I did actually spend all day in my classroom, but this time it was because I just wanted to. I did lots of cleaning, lots of filing, and I ate lunch up in Midway's delicious Tarahumara's. It was delicious.

Tomorrow, I will be doing some Spring cleaning at home... and maybe some baking. Speaking of which, I tried Kari's grapefruit cookies over conference weekend, and they were some amazingly wonderful. I added some extra grapefruit zest to the icing in the middle, which I liked (somehow mine tasted far to sweet to be paired with grapefruit, so I had to zing it up a bit). Yum!

Truly, my wish for each of you is that you may, in some season of your life 1. Have Spring Break and 2. Taste Kari's awesome cookies.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Celeste,
    not to get off topic, but Ken Pearson says "hi" from the bank. I was there yesterday to get money for my New York trip and he started talking to me. Have you ever thought how embarrassing that would be to be another Cummings and always have to explain that your not part of that "Big Family"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...That is really funny.

    New York Trip? Since when are you going to New York?

    I declare, both you and Michelle are off to the Big Apple, and I think I might be the last person to have heard about it.

    Is it with choir?

    ReplyDelete