Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Class's Read-Aloud after lunch


This book, "Key to Rondo," is one I picked up at our school's book fair a couple of weeks ago. I have to tell you, from the back it looked interesting, but once reading it aloud to my class, I am a huge fan.

The book takes you into a world within an heirloom music box, where cousins Mimi and Leo learn more than just liking each other--they learn how to work together to try and save the world their family has both rescued and condemned. Full of secret passages, surprisingly familiar characters, and a refreshing twist on the "Jumangi"-like elements, this book is one I would recommend to anyone from Sarah to Aunt Janet, and everywhere in between.

1 comment:

  1. Cousins learn to more than just like each other? Is this a kissing cousins book like Austen?

    ReplyDelete