Saturday, September 8, 2012

Lat like Hat, or Lat like Ladder; Long like Rapunzel's LONG hair....


Grading papers, about 6pm on Thursday evening. The janitors and I are the only ones left in my hallway. Maybe that's why this was SO hilarious to me. Maybe it's because I was grading the paper of one of my boys who is the quarterback of his football team, who never really asks any questions during class. I know he's listening though-- at least to some of it, and here's why.... We talked all about Longitude and Latitude, what the weather would be like if you were at 5 degrees S Latitude, or 80 degrees N Latitude. What the names of the "most famous" lines of Long/Lat are, their measurements, etc. Question on the homework:

What is the measurement, in degrees, of the equator?

His answer?

Really hot.

Resounding, echoing laughter--all the way down the hall. I hope the janitors enjoyed that, because I know I did.

1 comment: