Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Firsts

I called in for a substitute today-- by no means my first sub (per district meetings) but I was my first time calling in sick. Last night I had some pretty bad symptoms that are most often classified under the category of "migrane," I believe. I have been having tension headaches for the last several days but last night it kind of spiked.

This morning I debated whether or not it would be wise to teach, and I decided that a teacher, absent for one day and well rested, is better than a teacher who is at half performance for the rest of the week. I am glad to have had the day to relax and recoop. My roommate Ashley was kind enough to help me relieve the tension in my shoulders and neck.

So-- first migrane. First sick substitute need.

And first Tuesday at home this school year.

I'm excited to go back to my class tomorrow. They are going to be pretty ticked that I didn't warn them... I guess it's one of the perks of being a teacher. Despite all they teach me, I still know things they don't know...

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you are feeling poorly Celeste! I hope you get better soon. Love you!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck. I get migraines. Just drink as much caffeine as humanly possible. It's the only escape. I got one a couple months ago and after 3 red bulls and a pack of mountain dews the pain lessened enough for me to fall asleep. That's how bad migraines are.

    ReplyDelete